Saturday, December 19, 2009

Modified Christmas Break

My kids would love to have a full Christmas break, with no homeschool at all.  However, we are behind in phonics due to changing curriculums in October, and then having to take two weeks off in November.  Also, my oldest daughter was given exact instructions on how to do her History, but I realized the other day that she wasn't following those instructions very well.

So my younger kids are continuing Phonics through Christmas break, although I will give them Christmas Eve and Christmas day off, and my oldest is reading to sections a day of her history book out loud to me so we can discuss it.  She will also get time off for Christmas Eve and Christmas day, but no the whole two weeks that we would usually take.

So much for my Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment