Saturday, December 5, 2009

Introducing This Blog and Our Family!

This blog will be focusing on homeschooling, I have already been blogging about my homeschooling adventures on My Other Homeschool Blog, but I have found it is easier to create posts here on blogger.  I might still cross post to my old blog, but for now I am looking forward to using this one.

My family has been homeschooling since my first child was a toddler.  We firmly believe that this option provides the best education for our children, that is not to say that it will be best for everyone, but for us it is.

So, I'll introduce you to my kids.  First my son Samuel, he is going to be 10 this month.  He is a sweet boy, good at math, but doesn't really like to do it anyway!



Next, I'll introduce my oldest daughter, she is 16.   Her name is Eliana, she loves to sing, and her favorite group is Switchfoot.  She sings on our church's youth worship team, and sometimes with our homeschool co-op chapel time.  She just started a New Blog too. She is still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up.  She likes to wear hats, this is the one I think looks cutest on her.




Now to introduce my "baby" (don't tell her I called her that).  This is Danielle, she is 6 years old.  She recently took a trip to Disneyland with a friend, and now her life's goal seems to be to go back someday.  I wish her luck with that because our family can't afford to take the trip, if the friend hadn't invited her along, she never would have gone either!  She likes Club Penguin, cats, Awana club, and Beanie Babies.



So there we are.  We enjoy learning together, lapbooking, doing science experiments and crafts.  We don't have as much time to do these things as we used to, because finances have dictated that I work outside the home. Since I started working, we are less hands on and more book oriented, but we still homeschool and will continue to do so!


No comments:

Post a Comment