Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting Back to Business

Well, today we were all feeling a little better, not 100% by any means, we still all have nagging coughs that won't go away, but our fevers and most of the fatigue is gone, and our throats are not as sore as they were before.  So we decided to start getting back to the business of homeschooling.

All the younger kids did today was our Advent devotions, Math, and Phonics.  It took most of the day to get it all done though, in fact, the kids  are still working on their phonics worksheets right now.  My older daughter had a more normal day, she gets most of her homeschool done early in the morning, does Math, French, Writing, PE, and Chemistry mostly on her own, History she reads out loud to me and then we discuss the questions in the book together.

We are getting ready to go shopping for a new tree, we have an artificial, pre-lighted tree that is several years old, but the stand got bent, and its too big for our house anyway, so we are going to buy a smaller artificial tree.  Since the cost for a brand new artificial tree is about the same as for a real tree, even all we get is two or three years use out of it, we still saved money, not to mention the hassle of sweeping up pine needles and the fire hazard of a real tree.

My oldest daughter wants a white tree... but I prefer the more real looking green ones.  Maybe I should have the kids vote, or just flip a coin, or maybe I'll play the mom card and get what I want even if they don't like it that much!

Well, I'll post a picture of the tree when we get it decorated, for now I'm signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment